African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Clerk
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000736 / 50000750 / 50066757
- The Vice Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The primary purpose of the Banks’s administrative expenses is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds.
- The Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses.
- Ensure the Banks’s financial rules and regulations are respected and all working procedures are adhered to in processing payments related to administrative expenses.
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager, The Accounts Clerk, prepare and verify all types of payments and journal vouchers, ensuring observance of policies and procedures.
- Assist the division in the provisioning of an efficient transaction processing services which include effective controls over all financial transactions to safeguard the assets of the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities
The Accounts Clerk will undertake the following functions:
Payment of per diem:
- Receive and review missions /trips created by departments for individual consultants.
- Ensure that information contained in the mission/claims is complete and process perdiem related requests timely.
- Work closely with user departments and SAP Competence Centre to ensure solution.
- Generate accounting entries using the appropriate transaction codes – SAP Travel module, and ensure related Bank’s travel policies are followed.
- Ensure that payment proposal is generated for per diem and advances processed, review the correctness of the bank details, amount and corresponding currencies.
- Follow up all payment proposals submitted for posting to FTRY to ensure they are paid timely.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar position in Financial Multilateral institution or any other similar institution.
- Private Sector experience is an added advantage.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with deadlines and convey accurate information.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative new approaches to handle day-to-day activities.
- Up-to-date knowledge and detailed understanding of current changes and required skills.
- Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Strong client orientation and ability to work in a team and develop strong relations.
- Ability and commitment to ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and culture within the organization in order to deliver the required results.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online