The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Sports weekly TV programme and innovative digital sport content alongside existing African Sport output.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter, Children’s News, Africa TV
Job Reference: BBC/TP/83016/24600
Department: BBC Africa Service
Reports to: Editor, Children’s News
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
- As part of its new investment in content for Africa, the BBC is launching a new TV and Digital service for children which will explain and help them to make sense of the world they are growing up in. The content will include news stories and features and will tackle issues relevant to young people. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative reporter to join our team and shape BBC Africa’s coverage for young people.
- The successful candidate will have a strong journalistic background together with lots of ideas for how to engage children in the news
- A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives. The aim of BBC Africa is to showcase the diverse ideas and aspirations from across the continent. They will deliver content and will be expected to contribute innovative ideas, drive the creative vision and present the content.
- The Reporter will work within BBC Africa’s children’s programming team and will play a rucial role creating engaging, youthful and relevant news and current affairs content from Lagos and the surrounding regions. The Reporter will have fresh, innovative and creative ideas and a clear understanding of how to deliver stories for Africa’s youth.
- The successful candidate must have:
- High level spoken and written English and Hausa.
- A good feel for strong and distinctive stories.
- Experience of producing content for multi-platform outlets
- To compile and present engaging content offering new perspectives and deeper exploration to stories, interviews, profiles and digital content for a youth audience.
- Originate and report compelling news content reports, either online or for TV that will appeal to our target audience – finding innovative ways of treating them and bringing them to life. To write in a clear and engaging way – helping children make sense of the world they live in.
- To contribute ideas and pitch original stories with both TV and digital treatments, making sure that they work for online, social and TV platforms.
- Direct VT’s to a high standard – ensuring all platforms receive distinct and original content.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online