Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Requisition Number: 17-0331
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, and will provide overall technical, administrative, and financial management and leadership to the Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data (REWARD) project, funded by USAID.
- He/she will be the team’s interlocutor with USAID, ECOWAS, sub-contractors, consultants, national and local grant recipients, host governments (if and where applicable), and other key stakeholders.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The COP is the second final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, operations and logistics, and financial management.
- He/she will report to the Project Director, located at Creative’s headquarters.
The COP will have principal responsibility to:
- Provide oversight of local, regional, and national capacity development efforts, including working with key regional West African partners and civil society organizations
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, operational, and logistical direction in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and regulations
- Design and supervise the implementation of the project related tasks including technical trainings, capacity building, grants management and implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Serve as primary liaison with the USAID and implementing partners on management and technical design and implementation of the project deliverables
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the project partners, sub-contractors, consultants, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Assure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and status of all activities under the contract and establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported; and
- Oversee the compiling, writing and submission of key technical and financial reports, including the M&E, annual workplans, monthly, quarterly, and annual technical and financial reports. Pay attention to the details and provide a final product to be delivered to USAID
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested applicants should click here to apply online