Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teller – Transaction Svs. Rep 3
Ref No: 17068511
Job Category: Transaction Processing
- State briefly the principal purpose of the position, its major objectives and the impact the position has on Citibank.
- The Teller is a frontline staff and is one of the customer’s first points of contact with the bank and therefore it is essential that, in spite of work pressure, they must wear a cheerful look and countenance.
- His/her primary focus is to deliver prompt and efficient services across the counters and at the same time, ensuring compliance with operating and regulatory guidelines. This will include:
- Ensure prompt, error-free and control-driven cash activities.
- Maintaining across- the-counter customer interface thus enhancing customer confidence in the bank through timely processing of cash/checks transactions
- Ensuring smooth running of CIT activities.
- Ensure vault operations and Cash Handlings are diligently handled
- Provide back-up services to Customer/ Head Teller.
- Taking part in periodic reviews, reporting and miscellaneous activities
- Assist in Overseeing of Technology related issues and projects in the branch and other remote sites (implants).
- Assist in annual COB activities, infrastructure and application changes, PVT tests etc.
Describe the types of internal/external relationships and frequency of contract (e.g., customers, regulators, government agencies, Citibank departments/businesses):
- Internal: Moderately frequent contact with Clearing Unit, Cash management unit (GTS), other branches, Citiservice.
- External: Highly frequent contact with Customers, Teller Implant Locations, Central Bank of Nigeria and other Banks.
Describe the educational requirements, special skills or work experience required to perform this position.
- Basic College Degree
- 1 – 2 years (not compulsory)
- Good Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Customer Focused
- Neat/Smart Appearance
- Analytical Mind/Proactive
- Fast Learner
- Meticulous and Accurate
- High level of integrity/sense of responsibility
- Error Free Processing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance with regulatory/institutional requirements
- Processing within tight turnaround times
- Preparation of Reports with tight timelines
- Customer satisfaction in a highly competitive environment
- Weekend and public holiday work (sometimes)
List the biggest challenges which help describe the complexity of the operating climate.
- Having to make decisions constantly on whether instruments presented over the counter are genuine and fit for payment in a highly risky market with potential for fraud.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online