MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Core Transmission Service Planning Engineer (Supervisory)
- To plan and optimise the transmission network of MTN (especially the Core transmission-Metro, backbone & switch) within the specified region.
- Support in the expansion of network capacity ensuring it takes place on schedule and as planned.
- Ensure optimal capacity utilization and transmission asset optimization
- Plan and design core transmission network capacity for mobile traffic and Enterprise services
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- Experience & Training
- A first Degree/HND in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Fluent in English Language
- At least 3 years work experience, especially in Telecoms industry, including:
- A good working knowledge of network transmission capacity planning, optimization and expansion for mobile and enterprise services backhaul using various multivendor network management systems such as Huawei/U2000, Nokia/SAM5620, ZTE/Net-Nueman, Coriant/Tellabs INM).
- IP Savvy
- Specific Equipment Training (Nokia Service Router Series, Huawei OSN series, NE40E series, CX router series, Tellabs 8600 series , ZTE ZXONE 9700 etc)
- Optical Network Planning
- BEng, BTech, HND or BSc
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online