Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 10 years of senior management experience, managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing) preferably those funded by USAID and those conducted in West Africa
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Resolution, Peacebuilding or related field required
- Especially charismatic, professional credentials to be able to establish close and trustful relations, and interact directly with the client and partners regarding programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues
- Exposure to conflict early warning and response programming and experience in conflict and post-conflict environments preferred
- Demonstrated ability in the concepts, principles, methods and techniques of delivering development programs in close collaboration with partners
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with regional institutions and organizations, donors, other USAID projects, U.S. embassies, local organizations and partners
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Ability to manage USAID contracts and all required reporting requirements and attention to the details
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project; and
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English, desirable in French.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.