Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs Clearance Advisor, GHSC-PSM
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Customs Clearance Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Customs Clearance Advisor supports day-to-day oversight on the policies related to import to the documentation for the movement of people, goods, and cargo into and out of the country in support of the GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the coordination and implementation of all customs clearance activities for GHSC-PSM procured products to ensure they are delivered in line with national regulations.
- Support the review and approval of documentation and shipments for all planned international shipments for GHSC-PSM to ensure they are promptly cleared at international borders for onward delivery to beneficiaries.
- Participate in coordination with GHSC-PSM assigned Freight Forwarders and custom clearing agents for smooth monitoring of international and local shipments to final destination.
- Support the development, follow up and tracking of international and local shipments with the freight forwarders and shipping lines to provide prompt update on shipment status.
- Bachelor’s Degree on health sciences, social sciences and management.
- Three to five years of professional experience in importation, customs clearing and managing relationships with relevant authorities at the Nigeria international ports of entry.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability of use Microsoft Suites required.
- Ability to use procurement ERP system preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- The Customs Clearance Advisor will report directly to the Custom Clearance Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online