African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Division Manager – Microeconomic, Institutional and Development Impact Division
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50092400
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP) is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the VP for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’.
- The ECVP is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and visibility for the Bank on economic, finance, financial governance and socio economic development issues; and coordinate the generation of analytical works to inform operational policy;
- Systematically emphasize the critical role of knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and their tangible impact on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies.
- The ECVP will inspire, generate and provide direct support to the President and Senior Management of the Bank on a broad range of technical and management issues within the broad remit of economic, finance, public financial governance, management and social economics.
Under the supervision and guidance of Microeconomic Policy, Forecasting And Research, (ECMR); the Manager of Microeconomic, Institutional and Development Impact Division, ECMR.2 will be responsible for:
- Designing and to undertake a program of analysis and research on selected African development issues related both directly and in cooperation with other African and international research centers with a special emphasis on the High 5s and the Bank Ten-Year Strategy;
- Providing technical support and advise to project assessment teams and support to operations through the ex-ante assessment of Additionality and Development Outcome Assessment (ADOA) and Impact Evaluation of the Bank’s operations;
- Providing leadership and inspiration in the undertaking of quality research and analyses in Africa’s economic development, with emphasis on microeconomics and development impact analysis in the Bank, which aims to enhance the scope and standards of Bank operations, economic and sector work and policy dialogue with RMCs;
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the development research, Division Manager Microeconomic, Institutional and Development Impact Division (ECMR.2) will:
- Work program validation and execution of the Division’s activities:
- Review and validate the objectives and work program for the division, ensuring alignment to the Bank, Complex and department strategic priorities.
- Review and validate the budget, and its effective implementation.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to drive the Division’s performance.
- making assessments in the recruitment of qualified staff for the Division;
- assessing work performance, appraising staff potential and determining training needs;
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold at least a Ph.D Degree in Economics, Finance, or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in on microeconomic issues related to development finance, infrastructure development, private sector development, industrial organizations, governance, competitiveness & investment climate, agriculture, institutions, and regional integration, project analysis and/or monitoring and evaluation, or sector operations.
- Publication record in international peer reviewed journals, or proven record of publications of reports, working papers, books focusing on microeconomic issues related to development finance, infrastructure development, private sector development, industrial organizations, governance, competitiveness & investment climate, agriculture, institutions, and regional integration.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online