African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Division Manager, Operations and Maintenance
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50092476
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- The objective of this position will be to plan, organize, control and direct the activities of the Operations and Maintenance Division and to provide strategic orientation in the area of management of properties and assets and real estate maintenance. The job holder will organize, coordinate and manage all activities related to the development and implementation of monitoring the policies, procedures and practices of properties and assets management and maintenance services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Director CHGS, the Division Manager, Operations and Maintenance will:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Division;
- Recommend and develop the Bank’s strategy concerning movable and immovable property;
- Develop strategies, policies and procedures concerning the acquisition and management of lands, buildings and fixed assets and oversee their implementation;
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies for replacement, rehabilitation and maintenance of Bank property and ensure their implementation;
- Co-ordinate the review of all guidelines, procedures and manuals on the management, operation, rehabilitation and maintenance of all Bank property and technical installations; recommend the necessary amendments and prepare the texts required in that regard;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering or related technical discipline supplemented with credentials or professional training in facility management, property management and financial management.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience of which three (3) years will be at management level with experience from private sector being an added advantage.
- Practical experience and knowledge of building management, business studies, construction, engineering and building services engineering facilities management.
- Relevant experience in a multilateral development institution or reputable development organization or property management company.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online