African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Division Manager, Treasury Risk Management
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50092452
- The Vice Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The role of the Financial Management Department (FFMA) is to develop and promulgate policies and guidelines relating to the financial management for the Bank Group. It also ensures internal consistency of all financial policies and guidelines, including those initiated and developed by the other departments in the Bank, as well as monitors and reports on compliance.
- The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division (FIFM2) is the management and reporting of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions thereby preserving capital, optimizing profitability and maintaining a strong credit rating.
Under the Supervision of the Director, the Division Manager is responsible for the middle office and treasury risk management function of the Bank Group with the objective to:
- Identify, measure, monitor and report on treasury performance, compliance and counterparty credit risks in the Bank Group’s Treasury operations;
- Ensure the timely recording, analysis and reporting of the treasury activities;
- Implement an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines, principles of segregation of duties and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) where appropriate;
- Provide appropriate information systems and analytical support tools to support and enhance the analytical, decision-making and reporting processes within the Bank Group Treasury and Treasury Risk Management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Division Manager will undertake the following functions:
- Manage a team of professional and support staff in developing, implementing, maintaining and enhancing static and dynamic market data, analytical and reporting systems used for the financial market activities of the Bank Group Treasury Department;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of counterparty credit and financial risk exposure monitoring and reporting systems for investments, borrowings and derivatives activities of the Bank Group entities;
- Lead the financial and risk contributions to negotiations of ISDA/CSAs with counterparties;
- Review the preparation of regular financial, risk and performance reports for, Management, the Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO), Treasury and Financial Control Departments;
- Provide leadership on the analysis and ad-hoc reports on performance, risk, and counterparty credit exposures in response to changes in market conditions;
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related fields;
- Professional qualification an added advantage, e.g. CFA, FRM, PRM
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in the areas of Treasury, Treasury Risk Management or Financial Risk Management;
- Strong knowledge of fixed income and derivatives markets, financial/treasury risk management, counterparty credit risk management, valuation of securities, derivative products, and financing strategies;
- Relevant private sector banking experience is an added advantage;
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online