The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Role Type: Transaction Processing
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Pay Band: 2
Duration of job: Indefinite
- To support the delivery of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards.
- The post holder will undertake specific work within Finance and contribute to improving functional efficiency.
Main Opportunities/Challenges for this Role
- The Finance function is structured along functional lines with the aim of embedding the ‘three lines of defence’ model at its heart, clearly separating the financial control (first line) and risk and assurance (second line) functions, ensuring the integrity of our results and the strength of our controls.
Cash Accounting/Banking & Treasury:
- To ensure all over the counter cash is banked in line with relevant policy and parked on SAP Cash Journals.
- To ensure appropriate procedures are adhered to when cash is received and to bank all cash and other instrument within 2 days of receipt or immediately threshold of cash holding is attained.
- Ensure all relevant Cash Journals are balanced within 48 hours of banking being completed.
- Ensure all delegated banking activities are diligently carried out.
- All British Council Nigeria staff
- Shared Services Centre
- Minimum of OND (upper credit) in any numerate course of study.
- Being in foundation level or undertaking ATS certification with a recognised accounting board.
- Fluency in written and spoken English – Shortlisted candidates will either demonstrate they have met the required standard through presentation of an agreed English language certificate, or will be required to take the APTIS test and demonstrate a B2 level of English proficiency.
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience spent in an accounting environment.
British Council Core Skills
Managing Finance And Resources (Level 1):
- Use resources efficiently in own role and complies with financial rules and procedures.
Using Technology (Level 1):
- Operates as a basic user of information systems, digital and office technology.
- Able to use office software and British Council systems to do the job and manage documents or processes
British Council Behaviours
- Working together (Essential): Establishing a genuinely common goal with others.
- Connecting with others (Essential): Making regular opportunities to understand others better.
- Being Accountable (Essential): Delivering my best work in order to meet my commitments
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online