The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
IT Client Service Assistant
- The main duties of this position are defined around first level IT client service within the country office and follow task norms associated with ITIL standards for helpdesk service. Additional tasks include IT training for clients, asset management, and hardware repairs.
- This position requires frequent interaction with staff, desk-side IT coaching, and has a limited network administrator role.
- The position is assigned to an IT support unit providing IT services to the Africa Region of the World Bank and reports to a Regional supervisor
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provides standard support for mobile devices including smart phones, tablets and laptops computers.
- Provides office level network administration, including routine troubleshooting, maintenance and hardwaresoftware upgrades.
- Installs, configures, and supports Bank-standard hardware and software.
- Provides technical support to office staff and visiting missions.
- Information Technology Diploma or university degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area, plus a minimum of 1-3 experience providing IT support or facilitating IT training in an end-user environment.
- Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in oral and written communications in English.
- Works with technical material and translates material into laypersons terms.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
Method of Application