African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Assets Inventory Clerk
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50050775
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end, the CHGS department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programs for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The objective of Fixed Assets Inventory Clerk is to execute the day-to-day management of fixed assets with a view to protecting Bank fixed assets as well as meeting client needs in the provision and disposal of fixed assets to enhance their productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Chief Property Management Officer, the Fixed Assets Inventory Clerk will:
- Enter fixed assets information in the Fixed Assets database. This is done on the basis of asset technical descriptions received and the database nomenclature.
- Clear purchase requests for fixed assets to be bought on CHGS Capital Investment Budget using the approved budget codes and related procurement documents, such as contracts, etc.
- Receive, verify (quality control), label and enter into the fixed assets database goods acquired in accordance with the Fixed Assets Management Manual.; and distribute to recipients.
- Ensure all assets received by the Bank have asset numbers and barcode (inventory) numbers entered into the system. The fixed asset numbers created constitute the main link to accounting data as well as materials management data in SAP.
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Holds at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Administration, Business, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Accounting or Engineering.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in asset management, accounting, financial or administration activities.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge and skills, anticipate and manage risks.
- Good analytical skill.
- Demonstrable understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience in private sector will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online