Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor will provide and support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product requirements across the aforementioned task orders to develop the capacity of Government counterparts in estimation of products requirements and gap analysis.
- S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical leadership and support to the National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products forecast and supply plans with periodic reviews to inform funding requirements, financial gap analysis and resource mobilization.
- Facilitate on assumptions building activities that will guide the development of health product forecast and supply plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Support advocacy to Governments on funding requirements for health commodities procurement and appropriate use for service delivery.
- Facilitate capacity building of Government and implementing partners on forecasting and supply planning processes including the development, review and implementation of standard operating procedures for these activities.
- Support quarterly update and submission of Quantimed and PipeLine databases to the GHSC-PSM Home Office on specific health commodities to inform procurement decision and funding mobilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply Chain Operations and equivalent is required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Two to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to use forecasting and supply planning tools (e.g. Quantimed & PipeLine) is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor will report directly to the Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online