Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Democracy and Good Governance Program Officer
- Shall perform the tasks of general planning, coordination and management of a democracy and good governance youth project.
- Interested candidates must able to work as assigned for 5 days a week and weekends (when necessary)
- A Degree/HND in Political Science, Law, Development Studies or any other related Social Science discipline.
- At least 1- 2 years of experience in democracy, governance and political-related work with an NGO, or other development organizations is a definite asset.
- Between 23 and 32 years of age.
- In-depth knowledge of political and economic issues and trends in especially Nigeria, Africa and surrounding continents.
- Solid understanding of civil society issues and familiarity with civil society networks, media outlets, political actors, and individual activists, democratic governance and thematic areas e.g public administration, rule of law, elections, legislative process, local government, civil society, gender and youth.
- Creative ways to strengthen advocacy initiatives related to democracy, governance, electoral processes and reforms
- Excellent written and oral English, exceptional analytic capacity and skills and the ability to speak and understand French will be of advantage.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent and extensive computer skills and high comfort level with computer research, database management, proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent coordination, networking and facilitation skills.
- Preferred candidate: Female.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online