Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This Scope of Work (SOW)
- Sets forth the services to be provided by the Forecasting and Supply Planning Associates to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide support to stakeholders in the development of health products forecast and supply plans with periodic reviews to inform financial gap analysis.
- Support in the organization of assumptions building activities that will guide the development of health product forecast and supply plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Participate in capacity building of relevant stakeholders on forecasting and supply planning processes to enhance sustainability of program interventions
- Support quarterly updates and the submission of Quantimed and PipeLine databases to the GHSC-PSM Home Office on specific health commodities to inform procurement decisions
- Participate in technical meetings on procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on supply chain activities around
- Support the Procurement and Sourcing teams to manage client’s expectations on product availability based on updated supply plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply chain operations and equivalent is required.
- One to three years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Ability to use Microsoft office suites required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate will report directly to the Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online