Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Supply Planning Associate, GHSC-PSM Nigeria, Nigerian National
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Integrated Supply Planning Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Integrated Supply Planning Associate will assist in the provision of technical support to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product inventory management and positioning across the aforementioned task orders to ensure access to health commodities and uninterrupted supply to health facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist in integrated business planning processes on health commodity management, in-flow and outflow of the products from national and international sources to the clinics.
- Support the management of aggregated end-to-end commodity demand planning and inventory positioning to ensure uninterrupted access to essential health commodities at the clinics.
- Assist in the development of long-term forecast of clinic requirements to guide efficient and effective deployment of third party logistics providers’ assets to support service delivery.
- Support the development of a synchronized inventory management activities in collaboration with forecasting and supply planning team, deliver and return team and state-based field program teams to increase visibility and prompt decision making based on available data.
- Assist in the development and sharing of months of stock information as required by GHSC-PSM Home Office to monitor national and facility level stock availability data.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply chain operations and equivalent is required. Master Degree is an added advantage
- One to three years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use Microsoft tools projections and planning in is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- The Integrated Supply Planning Associate will report directly to the Integrated Supply Planning Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online