Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant-Fleet
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Logistics Assistant will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Base Logistician.
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for planning and managing the fleet (vehicles and drivers), daily trips, organisation of movement and monthly reporting.
Task and Responsibilities
The specific tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Supervise the maintenance of all vehicles with the support from the Base Logistician, Lead Driver and Mechanics.
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with necessary documents according to the log book. i.e. safety equipment (fire extinguisher, water, spare tyre, first aide Kit) etc.
- Consolidates the fuel consumption and keeps a record, monitors the current stock and requests refueling purchase in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- A minimum of one year working experience in logistics or procurement.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, strong organisation and team working skills.
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Good knowledge and working experience with Microsoft MS Office Suite.
- Strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online