Graduate Reporter Job Vacancy at BBC World Service: Apply Now
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Substantial previous experience of working in a broadcasting news or factual environment, with strong knowledge of African news and current affairs.
- Experience of on air reporting and presentation particularly in video to highest standards. Authoritative microphone voice and ability to communicate effectively to listeners and viewers.
- Excellent reporting and film-making skills – the ability to bring news to children in innovative ways that engage, excite and inspire.
- Outstanding and fluent spoken and written language skills in English and Hausa and experience in presenting content in those languages.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create fun, informative news content for children.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Resilience – manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online