The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Reporting to the Admin/HR Manager, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support to the various Human Resources functions of the Country Program in the Maiduguri Field Office.
- This will include rolling out IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures which covers recruitment, orientation, compensation, professional development, performance management and exit management.
- The HR Officer will have oversight over the HR Intern and work closely with the HR Manager to ensure compliance with IRC administrative standards and with local laws and regulations.
HR Administration/ Information Management:
- Maintain the HR Data Base of Maiduguri Office and regularly update employee information. Maintain an accurate and timely employee filing system.
- Coordinate the HR tracking report, as shall be assigned by the Admin/HR Manager for Maiduguri Field Office and send to all Managers on a weekly basis;
- Maintain and update the Time sheet tracking system for both national and international staff and file all time sheets appropriately.
- Liaise with the Admin/ HR Manager and Talent Acquisition team to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in the Maiduguri IRC office.
- Liaise with the Talent Acquisition team for the hiring of casuals and incentive workers.
- University Studies/ Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course;
- 2 years of experience in similar position;Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage HR Certification will be desirable Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges.
- The position will work in the Maiduguri Field Office. The program site in Northern Nigeria.
- The security level 3 – orange
- Benefits Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online