Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Human Resources Director to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The Human Resources Director will report directly to the Deputy Country Director Operations and Compliance.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Human Resources Director will lead the GHSC-PSM Human Resources Team in Maintaining and enhancing the human resources of the Project by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, program and practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide strategic direction to the GHSC-PSM Human Resources team
- Lead full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to creation of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into Chemonics culture
- Oversee maintenance of timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the correct approval
- Degree or advance Diploma in Human Resources Management, Project Administration, Project Management or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading HR teams for medium to large development projects and/or organizations
- Experience working for an American NGO or company or USAID implementer in Nigeria highly preferred
- Knowledgeable on Nigerian labor laws, personnel benefits and taxes required; ability to interpret local labor laws, previous experience interacting with labor counsel preferred.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online