Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Supply Planning Advisor
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Integrated Supply Planning Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Integrated Supply Planning Advisor will provide technical support to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product inventory management and positioning across the aforementioned four task orders ensure access to health commodities and uninterrupted supply to health facilities. S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product planning, distribution and inventory management to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical support to the National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products inventory management strategy to guide efficient health product positioning for an optimized warehousing and distribution services.
- Support national long-term inventory planning and warehouse network optimization to facilitate timely and efficient distribution of required health products to the clinics.
- Support integrated business planning processes on health commodity management, in-flow and outflow of the products from national and international sources to the clinics.
- Support the collaboration with Deliver and Return Team in development of efficient long haul distribution plan to maximally utilize warehouse and distribution infrastructures, manage product shelf life and minimize expiry of health products.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply Chain Operations and equivalent is required. Master Degree is an added advantage
- Three to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online