FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Literacy and Numeracy Specialist (Local Nationals)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In partnership with IRC, Creative Associates intends to implement a twenty-month project under the Education in Emergencies (EiE) component of DFID’s North-East Nigeria Transition to Development Program (NENTAD) that aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in northeast Nigeria.
- The EiE project will reach more than 100,000 children and adolescents in Borno and Yobe states with quality formal and non-formal education services, including literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead provides technical guidance to the project’s support to improved literacy and numeracy instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Senior Consortium Coordinator.
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead will provide direct technical support to Education Officers.
- Work in collaboration with the technical team to lead the implementation of project activities to improve student literacy and numeracy competencies
- Provide expert guidance in the development of curriculum and materials related to the improvement of literacy and numeracy
- Conduct regular visits to non-formal learning centers and formal schools (tutoring program) to monitor issues, support implementation strategies and monitor progress towards improved learning outcomes
- Provide guidance and expertise to parental, community and government stakeholders in the development of literacy and numeracy improvement plans
- Provide technical support to LGA officials, CSO staff and Community collation members
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested applicants should click here to apply online