We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Litigation Officer
Reporting To: Head Legal
- To provide efficient, professional, legal, contractual and company secretarial support to the company while identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, ensuring compliance with laws and reducing general legal costs
- Provide legal advice and support to the Company on relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Review and advice the Team on all litigation matters and approaches for dispute settlement.
- Liaise with external lawyers in the management of matters affecting the company.
- Advice the team on how best to manage and resolve cases.
- Assisting the Team with legal matters and any negotiations arising thereof.
- Undertake basic company secretarial function when required.
- Conduct legal and industry research from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience in Gas and Power transactions would be an added advantage.
- First degree in Law with a minimum of a second class lower
- Has represented corporate bodies in civil and legal matters
- 2 – 3 years most of which must be core litigation experience in a leading firm with a proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel and managing dispute settlement
- Legal and corporate advisory knowledge
- Good litigation knowledge as well as contracts.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take instructions and carry them out with little supervision.
- Team players and good organisation skills
- Ability to provide independent advice.
- Commercial Insight & Problem Solving
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online