MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP Intern
Reporting Line: Manager, IP Operations
- The IP (Trainee) Engineer will be responsible for supporting his colleagues in designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network and or customer networks.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network andsecurity infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls,VPN, proxy servers.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Working and cooperating with internal and external groups when required in order to fully support environments and maintain service.
- Field support and provisioning support tasks as a method to encourage learning and responsibility.
- Contributing to initiatives for driving down incident rates and working with 1st line Operations and Operations Engineers within specialist functional teams, to improve service recovery times.
- Monitoring and tracking of inputs in the Document Management Server.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or other relevant disciplines.
- 1 year post NYSC experience.
- Relevant certifications, preferably CCNA. An MCP or CCNP will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies – TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxy etc.
- Basic knowledge of networks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time management and personal effectiveness skills
- Relationship management
- Team work
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Reliability, rigour, team-spirit, service oriented and initiative in the execution of the assigned work
Job Title: IP System Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Reporting Line: Manager, IP Operations
- The IP System Administrator primarily provides support to the IPNGN Virtual infrastructure.
- Specifically, the IP System Administrator’s responsibilities shall include:
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitioning and RAID configuration as required
- Perform monthly performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all operating system and application related issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrityand availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Apply OS/Hypervisor/Firmware/applications patches and upgrades as demanded, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Perform Server Hardening in accordance with the company information technology rules.
- System Hardware/Software compliance check and update.
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Linux and windows servers troubleshooting skills required.
- Working knowledge of the Linux Kernel
- Database Administration experience
- Experience supporting Vmware vSphere environment is desirable.
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Shell Scripting experience will be an added advantage
- CCNA , REDHAT, WINDOWS,VMWARE certifications
Demands of the Job
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
Note: When the page opens, click on the position you are applying for, example”IP Intern” to apply.
Method of Application