African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Programme Coordinator
Position N°: 50093758
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Bank’s Private Sector Development Department is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries (RMCs), ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the front office of the Directorate, the Programme Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all PISD Work programme are delivered on time and that the Director’s commitments and engagements are met.
The purpose of the job is as follows:
- The job holder will be responsible for overall coordination of the work programme of the private sector development department (PISD) and will also be responsible for delivering some technical advisory services.
- The incumbent will also help in coordinating the Director’s front office as well private sector related work handled by the Sector departments and the Directorate Generals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director Private Sector Development, the Principal Programme Coordinator will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and guide the implementation of the department work programme, ensure quality delivery, strategic alignment and resource optimization;
- Report to the Director on work programme progress and identify critical areas that deserve specific support and provide recommendations as appropriate;
- Liaising with the two directorate’s divisions, Sector departments, and the Directorate Generals, and other key stakeholder to ensure coherence and complementarity across activities;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or other relevant fields;
- Generally more than 6 years of relevant professional experience in finance and administration within the Bank or another first class institution.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, and demonstrated capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders (financial institutions, businesses, international organizations, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate and to successfully communicate with different stakeholders
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online