African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Structuring and Modelling Officer, PISD1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093746
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Bank’s Private Sector Development Department is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries (RMCs), ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
The purpose of the job is as follows:
- Provide operation support to on the optimization of the legal and financial structure of transactions,
- Develop and build project financial and economic models.
- Conduct an independently research for potential structuring and modelling approaches in line with the Bank’s specific financial and legal requirements;
- Closely interact with Risk Mitigation Officer to ensure consistency with the legal and financial structure of transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Private Sector Transaction Officer, the Principal Structuring and Modelling Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Draft structuring opinions, present proposed solutions for investments under consideration, clarify the pros and cons of diverse structuring options;
- Review of legal and financial terms of potential investments and transaction with a view of achieving the future secondary sale of assumed exposures to commercial investors, financiers and insurers;
- Provide structuring guidance to Investment Officers through active engagement in the presentation to clients/sponsors of financing proposals, negotiation of financing mandates, emphasizing the benefits of loan syndication and co-financing services;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or Economics;
- Generally more than six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development, legal and transaction structuring.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Disciplined approach whilst maintaining creativity and lateral thinking for effective problem solving;
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online