Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resourcing Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Resourcing Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state and work under the supervision of the Base HR Manager.
- The Resourcing Officer will provide support to the HR department in the recruitment and selection of the base national staff and ensure regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- He/she will also provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- The Resourcing Officer will oversee the collation, maintenance and provide recruitment reports as agreed with the hiring manager and send to the HR Abuja team.
- He/she will ensure consistency in the application of the Human Resources policies at the base level
Task and Responsibilities
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance.
- Liaise with managers for technical shortlist and to define the interview panel.
- Ensure interviews and tests are done in a timely manner and proper documentation submitted, filed and sent to HR-Abuja.
- Participate in interviews as necessary as well as reviewing written technical test and interview grids for all existing positions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management. Higher level degree will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Have excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Be excellent in multitasking and have strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to pay attention to details, be highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, have strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have the capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Have previous experience with INGOs preferably.
- Be fluent in one or more national/regional languages.
- Have an understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online