African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist
Position N°: 50067807
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department
- Ethiopia Country Office (ETFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank , Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of the Secretary/Receptionist. This position is based in Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Resident Representative, the Secretary/Receptionist will:
- Make appointments for experts and other staff of the Country office and keep their schedules up to date;
- Receive visitors and attend to them with tact and discretion;
- Prepare briefing material used by experts for official missions and special meetings;
- Handle protocol-related issues concerning reception of the visitors of experts and of the Office;
- Organize experts’ meetings ; assist the Resident Representative’s secretary in coordinating official receptions given by the Resident Representative;
- Participate in staff meetings, take notes and produce reports in the absence of the Resident Representative’s secretary ;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions/administration/office management.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience on rising grade levels, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Highly client oriented, able to multi-task, giving attention to detail and able to work with a multidisciplinary team ;
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online