The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Security/Liason Officer
Locations: Damaturu, Maiduguri
- Under the direct and technical supervision of Safety and Security Coordinator, the Security Officer will assist in building up the capacity, awareness and preparedness of staff to deal with security-related risks, threats and incidents through the delivery of high quality, regular trainings or briefings to national and international staff and IRC visitors within the area of responsibility.
- The SSO will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with Program and Operations support teams at the Field level.
- Continuously monitoring the environment in the operational areas for which he/she is responsible. As required, and at a minimum of once per quarter, support Safety and Security Coordinator in updating the FSMPs, CIMP and SOPs.
- Ensure that the Field or Base Offices FSMP and associated documents are kept up to date and reviewed regularly, and staff constantly kept aware of their contents.
- Brief, supervise and liaise on daily basis with the contracted guards to ensure the guard force is aware of IRC SOPs and are effectively enforcing the required regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Security Management/Disaster Management/Military Science/International relations or a field related to Humanitarian Work or Risk Management.
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and internet)
- Competency in using and maintaining field-based communications systems (HF, VHF radios and Satellite phones).
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, comprehension). Knowledge of local north east language is highly desired.
- Training in First Aid and Fire Safety.
- Competent report writing skills.
- Disaster management and response training.
- 2-3 years’ security-related experience with UN/INGOs operating in the North East Nigeria.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in security related subjects, threat/risk assessment, security management, and personal and organizational physical security awareness.
- Previous services with the Nigerian Disciplined forces will be a desired advantage. Certificate of discharge will be required as proof.
- Proven experience of working effectively in complex security environments and situations.
- Experience in developing safety related technical tools, guidelines and systems
The position will work in the Damaturu Field Office. The program site in Northern Nigeria. This is security level 3 – orange
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online