Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing Strategy Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Sourcing Strategy Advsior to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate health product sourcing strategy from local and international manufacturers/vendors that provides best value and meet donor requirements.
- Support the maintenance of the list of approved products and sources by international (USFDA, WHO, EU, GF) and national regulatory authorities (NAFDAC) for procurement of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, MNCH health products.
- Support the monitoring of product registration status, language and labeling requirements, storage condition and other quality requirements that impact product use.
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM Home Office maintain product price lists from approved sources that guide quantification and procurement decisions.
- Lead the maintenance of database on product catalogue, shelf life, storage conditions, registration requirements, and availability in local and international market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, and equivalent.
- Three to five years of professional experience in health product selection, procurement, regluations, registration etc. in public and private sectors.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Evidence of being self-managed and work as part of a team.
- Ability of use Microsoft Suites required.
- Ability to use procurement ERP system preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will report directly to the Sourcing Strategy Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online