Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Governance Director
Requisition Number: 17-0303
Project Duration: 5 years
- Creative Associates seeks a Governance Director – Bauchi State for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria.
- The Governance Director serves as the state director of all project programs, provides technical leadership, engages with state and local government leaders for monitoring and responding to opportunities for institutional reform; and manages the State Project Office staff and technical advisors.
- He/she will serve as a member of the project leadership team, working closely with counterparts in other states and facilitating knowledge transfer between state offices and with Nigerian federal officials.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The State Governance Director – Bauchi reports to the Chief of Party.
- Assist state governments to develop strategic approaches for improving governance of state operations, including improvements in public financial management, improvements in service delivery, generation of internal funding and communication with citizens;
- Assist state governments in identifying and then providing a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to achieve strategic governance objectives. Support state governments to facilitate public dialogue on governance and civic engagement between government and non-governmental actors through technical assistance to local civil society organizations;
- Monitor the progress of state governments in achieving agreed upon reforms and improvements in performance;
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants should click here to apply online