Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Public Financial Management, Public Policy, Law, Economics or a related field;
- Minimum eight (8) years of related Nigerian development experience in public policy and administration, community development, public financial management, or political analysis;
- Experience working in northern Nigeria, particularly in Sokoto state;
- Knowledge of state government reform efforts in Nigeria;
- Expertise in political economy and conflict assessment and mapping, managing complex partnerships and cross-cutting projects, and local, state, and national institutional building;
- Expertise in public service, good governance and/or accountability and oversight;
- Proven effectiveness in managing high-level government relations;
- Experience with civil society and government capacity building, and governance accountability;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, training, and human resources experience;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Demonstrated track record of developing, managing and working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
- Fluency in Hausa and proficiency in writing, reading and speaking English at a senior professional level.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online