The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Location: Damaturu Yobe
- Reporting to Warehouse Officer, the Storekeeper is responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Yobe warehouse. Storekeeper must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Document the receipt, handling, storage, and release of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures within and around the Warehouse Premises.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Warehouse Officers of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book or Register recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Any Other duties as delegated by the Warehouse Officer
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Secondary School education
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter).
- Monthly salary, 13th month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online