The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Women Protection & Empowerment Adolescent Girls Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- Gender-based violence (GBV) is a serious human rights and public health issue affecting women and girls around the world. It impacts all aspects of women and girl’s physical, emotional, psychological and social well-being. It has harmful consequences for the individuals who experience it, their families, and communities as a whole.
- The IRC’s Women’s Protection Empowerment team implements a multi-sectoral GBV prevention and response program which engages multiple organizations and actors from the IDP and NGO community, UN agencies and all sectors of IRC. The Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program has developed ‘My Safety, My; Wellbeing’ (MSMW) curriculum to equip adolescent girls with key knowledge and skills to help them to reduce, prevent and respond to Gender Based Violence (GBV).
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should hold, at maximum, a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, economic, any other human development related field or equivalent of experience.
- Have at least two years’ experience working with girls and/or women and coordinating with social service agencies
- Participated in social groups and have an understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- Have a thorough understanding of gender based violence that affects the lives of women and girls and willingness to increase skills and knowledge to respond to reporting of GBV appropriately
- Candidates should have capacity building, facilitation and training experience
- Is able to adapt and work under pressure, possess strong interpersonal and intercultural skills that enable her to work well with a diverse team.
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online