The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Women Protection & Empowerment GBV Information Management System Officer
Scope of Work
- The WPE GBVIMS Officer will be based in Yola with regular visits to Mubi. He/she will ensure correct entry of overall GBV cases into the GBV Incident Recorder (IR) for all IRC IMS in Adamawa.
- He/She will use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to record all cases reported, other program data, analyzes IMS and writes weekly and monthly reports to share trends with senior Program Manager and program coordinator to guide GBV prevention activities and informed programming.
- Should ensure abiding by the GBV guiding principles.
- Ensures data received from the field is correctly entered into the Incident Recorder on a regular basis.
- Weekly Share with CMOs, Managers and Coordinator trend to inform prevention activities and informed
- Programming and for advocacy.
- Ability to organize and manage data; maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, ability to speak other local languages like Hausa,
- Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Must possess interest and commitment to human rights, gender equality and gender issues.
- Must be a TEAM PLAYER.
- The position will work in the Mubi Field Office. The program site in Northern Adamawa state is security level 3 – orange
- Monthly salary, 13th month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online